Due to the invasion of Ukraine, and the thousands of refugees it has created, there is a humanitarian crisis developing on the Ukrainian border. In an effort to help, Hendrick European, Virginia Transport, twenty members of The Pallet Network Ireland, and other Irish hauliers are arranging for the collection of essential goods to be shipped from Ireland to a distribution centre (Hrubieszowski Ośrodek Sportu i Rekreacji) in Hrubieszow, a town beside the Ukrainian border in Poland.
The Pallet Network members (listed below) have added to the existing drop-off points for essential supplies. I’ve added the list of goods and drop off points as a PDF to the post as it may be useful.
Items should be packed in banana boxes if possible to help with stacking/storage.
A list of contents in English & Polish (if possible) should be taped to the boxes so they can be identified and allocated as quickly as possible on arrival.
- Tea and coffee (non-grained)
- Cans with an opener (soups, beans, stews, meatballs – ready meals in a tin)
- Food (porridge, rice, pasta, cereal, sugar)
- Soups (in packs dry)
- Baby food (formula milk in powder, baby food in jars, and in pouches)
- Sweets (chocolate, bars) all types of gluten-free and dairy.
- Food for pets – any type and for all our furry friends
- Disposable cutlery and plates, kitchen towels
- Energy bars
CLOTHING / BEDDING
- Sleeping bags, blankets, sleeping mat, thermal blankets
- Napkins every sizes
- Baby clothes any ages – clean and washed please
- New ladies, men and kids underwear all sizes
- Scarves, coats, gloves, pullovers/sweaters
- Warm socks
HYGIENE / MEDICAL
- Personal hygiene products (hair shampoo, bath gel, soap, deodorants, toothpaste, and toothbrushes). NB: if sending shampoos/liquids, please wrap in clingfilm or put in plastic sealed containers.
- Dressings (bandages, sterilized gauze, disinfectants, plasters, wipes, sanitary items, hygienic females pads, tampons)
- Paracetomol, ibuprofen
- Milton tablets or equivalent
- Toys for children, stuffed and cuddly – have to be clean and complete please
- Notebooks, blocks, crayons, colouring books.
- Batteries / Flashlights
- Powerbanks & cables
In addition to the five collection points announced already :
- Merris Engineering, Milltown, Co Galway, H54 DH28
- A Transport, Athy, Co Kildare, R14 H593
- Naas Truck Wash, Naas – Mike Moran is taking collections.
- JS Ryan Freight, Castletown, Co Laois, R32 KA4C
- Hendrick European, Whitestown, Co Dublin, A45 ED37. Simon 0877563248
We’re pleased to expand on that with TPN Ireland members, and add the following collection points :
- Wexford, DHT Transport, Old Dublin Road, Enniscorthy, Ph 00353 539236809, Contact Hazel
- Waterford, Storeall Logistics, Marine Point, Belview Port, Ph 00353 51 831210, Contact Eddie
- Cork, TPN, Kilburry Enterprise Centre, Dublin Hill, Cork City, Ph 00353 21 422 1354, Contact Donal
- Cork North, K&L Cargo, Mountleader Ind Est, Millstreet, Ph 00353 29 70163, Contact Gordon
- Kerry, Garyowen Transport, Castletoen, Co Kerry, Ph 00353 66 7128666, Contact Jamie
- Limerick, Abhann Logistics, Amhann Road, Raheen Ind Est, Limerick, Ph 00353 61309026, Contact Gertrude/ Mike
- Tipperary South, Francis Ely Transport, Ahnid, Thurles, Ph 00353 50445404, Contact Majella/ Francis
- Clare, Eoin Gavin Transport, Woodpark co Clare, Ph 00353 61 713486, Contact Eoin
- Galway, Langan Couriers, Oranmore Business Park, Oranmore, Ph 00353 9179 0009, Contact Rob
- Mayo, East West Express, Ballymore Road, Charlestown, Ph 00353 94 925 4502, Contact Aine
- Sligo/ Leitrim, Novapoint, Aughamore Business park, Sligo, Ph 00353 71 9304 929, Contact Sean
- Donegal, Donegal Groupage, Carrickmore, St Johnstone, Donegal, Ph 00353 749148685, Contact Jolene
- Derry/ Antrim, AM Transport, Unit 21, Port of Larne Business Park, Larne, Ph 00 44 2828262190, Contact Alex
- Fermanagh/ Tyrone, Liam Connolly Roadfreight, 310 Gola Road, Lisnaskea, 00 44 4867722998, Contact Andrew
- Armagh/ Down, Allen Logistics, 64A. Old Kilmore Road, Moira, Ph 00353 4892 611520, Contact James
- Cavan/ Monaghan, Clontibret Transport, Castleblayney, Monaghan, Contact Trevor
- Meath/ Louth, Breffni Couriers, Unit 9, Tinure Business Park, Monasterboice, Ph 00353 416863350, Contact Finbarr
- Longford/ Westmeath, Quinn Transport, Blyry Ind Est, Athlone, Ph 00353906478862, Contact Mark, Katherine
- Dublin/ Wicklow, Independent Express Cargo, unit 3 Orion Business Dublin 15, D15 PAA6. Ph 01 821 9999, Contact Kamil
- Kildare, Deering Transport, Kildon, Nurney, Ph 00353 45526743, Contact Dave
- Carlow, South East Freight, Augha, Bagenalstown, Co Carlow,
R21 HP60, 059 914 6555, Contact Anne